Singapore Mental Health Film Festival 2020
Through 13 Films, 8 Panels and 8 Workshops, SMHFF is working towards towards increasing awareness of the complexity of mental illnesses, building safe and inclusive environments for those impacted by mental health concerns, and affecting change on a social and national level.
Mental Health – a topic with so much stigma surrounding it, a topic taboo in conversation; yet a topic so important. In the same way we go to extreme measures to take care of our physical health, the same care should be shown to our mental health.
We invite you to join us in challenging the stigma of mental health, and work towards a more compassionate Singapore.
1) Each film is paired with a panel topic. "Freedom Writers" will be screened twice, with two different panel topics.
2) Not all feature films are paired with a short film (visit www.smhff.com for more details on the pairings).
3) Workshop tickets are sold separately.
4) Each film is paired with a book, which is available for purchase. If you choose to purchase a film ticket and book pairing, collection of books will be on site during the festival.
5) All tickets are sold on SISTIC.
- Freedom Writers (Opening + Second screening available)
- Min Lilla Syster / My Skinny Sister
- Happiness / 幸運是我
- Little Tickles / Les Chatouilles
- Land of Not Knowing
- Beautiful Boy (Closing film)
- SMHFF Short Film Youth Competition Winner + 1st Runner Up
- We Are All Here
- Little Stars
- How does the stigma of mental health perpetuate in society?
- How eating disorder affects an individual and his/her family
- Creating a dementia-friendly society: Whose responsibility is it?
- Getting creative for mental well-being
- What happens when childhood trauma isn’t addressed early?
- Suicide: Can talk or not?
- Autistic' vs. 'with autism': does language matter?
- How addiction isn't just an individual's journey
- Playfulness for Our Wellbeing
- Percussive Pulse
- Calmness with Clay
- Bodily Connection
- Reset and Refresh
- Taking Action Towards Personal Wellness
- Yin Yoga with Sound Healing
- This Is What Inequality Looks Like
- A Place For Us
- Ordinary Stories in an Extraordinary World
- Children of Las Vegas
- Growing Up Perempuan
- Loss Adjustment
- Body Boundaries
Want to find more groups and events like this?